Causes and solutions for hair loss at Kirsch Dermatology
Both men and women are affected by hair thinning and loss, and it can happen at any age to patients of all skin types and ethnicities. To slow or stop the loss of hair and, in some cases, restore it, patients will want to work with a dermatologist in the Naples, Florida community. The team at Kirsch Dermatology is here to help, educating patients on the causes of hair loss and the treatments available for it.
What causes hair loss?
- Androgenetic alopecia (male and female pattern baldness)
- Telogen effluvium (caused by traumatic experiences)
- Alopecia areata (inflammatory reaction caused by the immune system)
- Pressure/traction alopecia (caused by tight hairstyles and pulling)
- Central centrifugal cicatricial alopecia (scarring hair loss from autoimmune diseases or genetics)
- Frontal fibrosing alopecia (frontal scalp hair loss caused by hormones, environmental factors, or genetics)
- Medication-induced alopecia (hair loss caused by a side effect of medication)
It is best to have a dermatologist evaluate you to determine the cause of your hair loss and talk to you about what has occurred. Medical history, prescription medications used, and any other information contributing to a proper diagnosis are often discussed during the initial consultation appointment and evaluation. With a definitive diagnosis, patients can then work on finding a treatment that works for their unique situation.
What treatment options are available at Kirsch Dermatology?
We are pleased to offer a wide selection of treatment options for our patients to consider at our practice. We may sometimes recommend a combination of treatments at the same time to considerably improve the results achieved in a shorter period. Some of the recommendations for treatments may include:
- Vitamin and nutritional supplements
- PRP injections (Platelet-rich plasma)
- HydraFacial Keravive
- Immunomodulators (topical and oral)
- Steroids (topical and oral)
- Oral spironolactone
- Ketoconazole prescription shampoos
- Oral finasteride
- Oral dutasteride
- Minoxidil (topical and oral)
Learn more about hair restoration treatments with Kirsch Dermatology
Patients in the Naples, FL area who are considering hair restoration after hair thinning and loss are encouraged to work with an experienced dermatologist to learn more about their options. Schedule an appointment by calling (239) 300-9767 and visiting the office at 1333 3rd Avenue South, Suite #501. We are open to new patients at Kirsch Dermatology to serve everyone in need of treatment.