Advancements in dermatology treatments can help keep your skin smooth, healthy, and vibrant. Microneedling is a skin rejuvenation treatment that can correct signs of skin damage and aging ranging from acne scars to fine lines and wrinkles. The Exceed™ microneedling device delivers cutting-edge technology to repair and restore aging skin, naturally.
- FDA-cleared: The Exceed™ device is the first dual-indicated, FDA-cleared medical microneedling system for the treatment of both facial wrinkles and acne scars.
- Smooths skin: Microneedling smooths out fine lines, wrinkles, and textural irregularities in the skin.
- Clears acne scars: Microneedling softens and minimizes acne scars.
- Firms skin: Microneedling can tighten loose skin as it stimulates skin-firming collagen and elastin formation.
- Restores skin tone: Microneedling treatments can correct hyperpigmentation and rosacea to produce a more even skin tone.
- Reduce pore size: Microneedling can reduce enlarged pores to create a smoother and more natural skin appearance and texture.
- Minimal risk: With the Exceed™ microneedling device, there is minimal risk of adverse effects.
- Minimal downtime: There is minimal downtime after a microneedling treatment session.
- All skin types: All skin types can be treated with Exceed™ microneedling.
Microneedling is performed in our office. First, the skin is thoroughly cleansed and a topical numbing cream may be applied. A special serum is then applied and the microneedling procedure is administered. The Exceed™ device has a six-needle tilting plate handpiece that rotates with the contours of the skin to ensure optimal accuracy and minimal discomfort. The device is passed over the treatment area, and medical microneedles penetrate the skin to create tiny injuries. These prompt a biological healing response that stimulates immediate and ongoing skin renewal over the following weeks. Because the needle pricks are small, they trigger a healthy healing response rather than the aggressive scar-forming healing response that can occur with more serious skin damage.
A microneedling treatment session usually lasts 30 to 45 minutes. With a typical superficial treatment session, the skin may appear slightly reddened for up to 24 hours. For more aggressive treatment sessions, the skin my appear sunburned for 2 to 3 days. Each treatment session delivers powerful results with minimal downtime, and a series of 3 to 4 treatments typically yields the best results. Treatments can be repeated monthly to restore smooth, beautiful skin.