Caring for the skin to reduce sun damage and premature aging
While many patients know how extensive sun exposure can increase their risk of skin cancer, they may also be unaware of how it can also contribute to the early signs of aging. UVA and UVB rays emitted from the sun are harmful and can damage the skin cells in more ways than just sunburn. That is why the team at Kirsch Dermatology in Naples, Florida, educates patients on how to protect the skin from UVA and UVB rays to prevent sun damage to the skin. We are proud to offer a combination of both in-office skin care treatments and at-home sun care recommendations to help guard against future problems and damage to the natural skin.
What are some common signs of photoaging?
With extensive sun damage to the skin, patients may notice the signs of photoaging, including:
- Increased risk of skin cancer
- Rough skin and poor texture and tone
- Redness/blotchy skin
- Weak skin tone and increased skin laxity
- Age spots/sunspots/liver spots
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Actinic keratoses (precancerous lesions)
- Broken capillaries
What are some of the sun care treatments available for patients?
There are several services offered at Kirsch Dermatology to address sun-damaged skin. These include:
- HydraFacial MD – in addition to treating sun damage, the HydraFacial MD uses a special water-based treatment to address poor texture and tone.
- Laser skin resurfacing – using laser skin resurfacing treatments, patients can remove the upper layer of the skin to resolve common skin imperfections while stimulating collagen production for a more youthful look.
- Chemical skin peels – combining special formulates of chemicals to exfoliate the skin is an effective way to bring forth youthful, more beautiful skin from underneath and reduce sun damage.
- Topical medications – certain topical prescription products such as retinoids even out the skin while improving rough skin caused by extensive sun aging.
- Skin cancer screenings/treatments – patients are advised to screen for skin cancer annually and talk to their dermatologist about treatment once areas of cancer are found.
Call to learn more about dermatological solutions in Naples, Florida
At Kirsch Dermatology, we are committed to offering the best care for the hair, skin, nails, and body. If you live in the community and want to learn more about sun care and protection, contact our team today by calling (239) 300-9767 and request an appointment at 1333 3rd Avenue South, Suite #501.